During this uncertain time of Covid-19 I know that you may have mixed feelings about coming to therapy. I am paying close attention to the latest government guidance and doing everything I can to make therapy sessions as safe as possible. I have carried out a thorough risk assessment and made some changes to the way I work
I am committed to:
- Keeping a box of individual art materials and toys for each child
- Any sand used will be changed between each client and the sand tray wiped down with sanitiser.
- Regular cleaning. There will be a small number of shared materials which will be cleaned after use. Tables, chairs, door handles and the toilet will be wiped with sanitiser after each client.
- Making sure I follow the recommended hygiene measures. I will have hand sanitiser in the therapy room and can offer face masks where clients would feel more comfortable for us to use them.
- Keeping to social distancing guidelines at all times. The therapy room is large enough for us to remain 1-2 metres apart and I will keep windows open for good ventilation.
- Arrange Covid-19 testing if I develop symptoms.
- Minimising my contact with anyone outside my immediate family
- Avoiding public transport
- Complying with government guidance around social distancing and hand washing
- Engaging with ‘test and trace’ where necessary.
I am asking all clients to:
- Stay at home and cancel your appointment if you, or anyone in your household, develops Covid-19 symptoms (please be aware these are the same guidelines for your therapist).
- Comply with the government guidance around social distancing and hand washing to protect yourself and others.
- Bear in mind government guidance around safer travel, avoiding public transport if this is possible.
- Wait outside and ring the intercom when it is your appointment time. Your therapist will buzz you in.
- If you are accompanying a child or young person and are not involved in the session please wait in your car or another safe space.
When you or your child are attending an appointment you will be asked to sign a physical copy of this COVID policy.